Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Derby Day Recap!







Things got pretty busy last week while cooking and prepping for Derby Day. Lots of cooking, grocery shopping and re-decorating were involved. I'm a very lucky lady though-- I had a few great people to help me with all of the last minute details!

One of these days take pictures of the entire process AND the event itself. Each year I get a few more shots in. But looking back I missed so much!

Here are just  a few of the highlights!


The Oaks Lily, Mini Derby Pies, Spiked Mint Lemonade

"Betting Booth for horses and best dressed!

My sweet husband and I -- in our Seersucker and Monograms!
 (dress by Rysa Ruth @ Etsy, Hat by Marley Lilly)

Us with our cousins and dearest friends... 

Guests voted: Best Dressed!
Winners received Bow Tie from TheTieBar
"You're the Mint to my Julep" coozie by Lauren James
also included: Fascinator and Julep Cup!
Nothing says "Derby" like a frosted Mint Julep

Mint Julep Bar

All I could think about during this weekend is how amazing my husband is to enjoy throwing parties, dressing up, and decorating as much as I do. He helped clean the house, landscaped, did laundry and so much more to make this a successful gathering.


                 I failed to take pictures of the food (oops!) but here's what you missed--
Pimento Cheese, Beer Cheese, Baby Hot Browns, Macaroni and Cheese, Fruit Kabobs,                                                  Celery and Beer Cheese, Ham and Biscuits, Boston Butt, Bourbon Chex Mix, & Corn Bread! Yum!

Cheers!

Melanie


No comments :

Post a Comment